Being a Libran, I am constantly seeking balance in my life. Something I know for sure, is that maintaining a healthy life balance just simply works. For many years my life was very much out of balance. I was juggling too many things at once and life felt chaotic, heavy and full of burdens. My path to wellness has taught me the importance of having everything in balance, and as a result, I am a much happier, grounded and calmer person.
Balance is about taking control of your life... Letting go of the things that perhaps you have outgrown and no longer need in your world.
Here are 8 simple ways you can bring some balance into your life...
- Self care. Look after your beautiful self. Take a step out of life every now and then to relax, recharge and rest.
- Spend time with your tribe. Those people that make your heart sing. For me this means spending quality time with my family each day. Making time each week for my girlfriends and those people that are supportive.
- Take one day at a time. Focus on being in the present moment. Try to not waste energy thinking about the past or the future; worrying about things we have no control over.
- Breathe mindfully. Bring your awareness to your breath and focus on breathing deeply down into your diaphragm. This will slow you down, and bring calm to your mind and body. Breathing relaxes the mind and body by oxygenating the brain and reducing anxiety.
- Increase the amount of healthy foods in your diet. Aim to eat a rainbow of colours each day. Include healthy fats and drink more water. Start to crowd out processed foods and refined sugars by increasing the amount of live foods to your diet. You will feel so much better by doing so.
- Honour yourself. Start practising to say no to situations and people that don’t resonate with you. We are all busy and we don’t want to waste our time and energy on events and interactions that aren’t going to bring us joy.
- Identify areas in your life that may need tweaking. Chat with an honest and trustworthy friend or make time to see a professional who can support you in making changes. Connect with me to see how I can support you.
- Exercise daily. It will energise your body, clear your mind and give you a whole new perspective on things. The endorphins released after you move your body will help you to feel amazing.
How can you seek more balance in your life? You really do deserve it.
Image © Javier Pardina / Stocksy United